Thursday, January 17, 2013

Story Time

This is our library in Centerville. It's a cute little library. 
Having been a preschool teacher, I have a small affinity for books and reading. Needless to say, we've spent quite a bit of time 'reading' with Carter.

We have a small group that goes to story time at the library semi-regularly. Our attendance was better when the weather was nice. Allison and Walter, Elisabeth and Esther, Carter and myself. We have a great time when we go. 
(Yes, I know this picture is a bit blurry, but it's the only one we got that day.)

When we go, we've tried the toddler story time and the preschool story time. The toddler story time is loud and kids are crawling all over the place. It's a riot. I think Carter is fascinated by all the moving children. He usually makes a friend or two with kids pointing out his eyes and nose and saying, 'baby!' It's quite cute.
Carter really listens to the stories in the preschool story time. Most of the kids sit and listen and then answer when it's their turn.  He loves to watch them sing and dance too. It's amazing what a few years can do. 

At home, we try to read with Carter each day. 
Sometimes, it is in the form of sitting with Dad as he works on various projects.
 And other times, it's snuggling up and reading a story together. Carter has really enjoyed Mossy.
This is one of the collections Carter got from my cousin, Jenny, in California. 
It was really sweet because my grandparents gave her girls some of these same titles when they were little.  They definitely have special meaning. :) Giraffes Can't Dance is one of Carter's favorites.


We also made a special visit out to Salt Lake to see some of my favorite people. We went to Dee's Pre-K class to let Carter experience a story time with the one and only Liesl. She is the very best. 





Well, it's just about time for bed. Here are the selections for tonight...


Good night!



3 comments:

  1. What an adorable post! I love it! Yay for books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great mother you are to read to Carter!
    You are such a great resource with teaching.
    I love going to story-time too at our library, (but I usually don't know the other mom's there). It is sometimes our only outing during the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are outstanding, Robyn! We LOVE all of the books you have given us. For library story time, I think we would fit in the "riot" group ;) Fun Fun!!

    ReplyDelete