Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back to school

We looked into a bunch of different birthing classes. Which one to take????

1 day super Saturday class, 8-10 hours of all things baby- that seemed like a really LONG day.
2 , 4 hour Saturday classes at a hospital in Murray- didn't want to wake up early on our day off.
6 week, Tuesday class at the hospital in Bountiful ( just a few minutes down the road)

We opted for the slower paced, 6 week course. It's a small class and we're a more 'seasoned' couple, if you look at the demographics of being in Bountiful.

I realized something as we went through the class. I have absolutely nothing to worry about. Jake, having a large family, has a lot of experience with babies and has heard A LOT about pregnancies and birthing. I think this class will help me understand things more and be able to go into delivery without 'freaking out.' Jake will be the cool, calm and collected husband. I am SOOOO lucky to have him! 

Jake spent a few minutes feeling what it's like to carry a baby. We added sand bags that measured the different weights of the baby, water rained, amniotic fluid sac and other things. All in all we added about 35 pounds to his bag. They asked him to tie his shoe and touch his toes with this new pouch. I realized why I struggle to turn over at night, touch my toes or put on shoes. I am carrying an extra 20 pounds. They said I have plenty more to gain- eeeks!

1 class down and 5 classes to go.  

2 comments:

  1. Fun Fun! We wanted to take a class with Ben, but couldn't find one that fit our schedules. I'm so excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he. You never know how you'll react until you're there.

    ReplyDelete